Having worked closely for many years on different projects with the German subsidiary of an international and leading service company we have a very clear understanding of the different executive functions across all tiers of management. This spawned a process of ongoing collaboration in the course of which, using management diagnostics tools, we systematically advise the client on all recruiting and personal development issues.
The collaboration hinges on providing the company with ongoing support with appointing executives and specialists who bear special responsibilities. This means that the mission-critical strengths and weaknesses are established in light of the respective job requirements and the assessment findings compiled to form a recommendation for the decision makers when selecting candidates. Moreover, recommendations are made for appropriate development measures and for additional task-related development stages.
We support the client as regards systematic management development by identifying fields for developing internal potential managers and executives and on the basis of our findings devising customized development plans.
Our work is based on the following fundamental approach:
- Familiarizing ourselves with the respective issues and current conditions
- Obtaining a specific briefing on the current project or issue to be subjected to management diagnostics
- Devising a management assessment design on this basis and with a view to the client's competency model
- Agreeing the feedback loop for the management assessment to ensure timely reporting
- Compiling a management assessment report that gives a precise account of the relevant management assessment findings in light of the respective issues in a form suitable for decision-making going forward.
In the course of this collaboration the quality of the management recruitment has been appreciably raised. The assessment processes have been standardized to cover all the company's divisions. This has ensured reliable comparability of the assessment results.
Another positive effect of the collaboration is the consistent monitoring and advancement of the specific management competency profiles for this client. Client-specific standards have thus been devised to rate management abilities for the purpose of internal comparisons. The feedback from candidates also shows that the systematic cross-division use of management assessment procedures is seen as one way in which the company dedicates itself to supporting its managers down the line. We have now been successfully working with this client for over 12 years.